Get From Sourceforce
Version 0.4 Alpha
TABLE OF CONTENTS
|What is Cart Boxx?||License||Download & Requirements|
WHAT IS CART BOXX!?
Cart Boxx is a free and open source RESTful PHP shopping cart. Whew, that is a handful. The easier way to explain it is – Cart Boxx is a PHP Cart that also has an API endpoint to support AJAX calls plus mobile applications development.
Cart Boxx is still kind of a skeleton structure at the moment, created by a one-man-army who has limited time… So don’t expect a full-blown e-commerce suite, but you are always free to build on top of it. 🙂
Cart Boxx is released under the MIT License – You are free to use it for your own personal and commercial projects, modify it as you see fit. On the condition that there the software is provided “as-is”. There are no warranties provided and “no strings attached” – Code Boxx and the authors are not liable for any claims, damages, or any liabilities.
DOWNLOAD & REQUIREMENTS
You can download Cart Boxx from Sourceforge. Cart Boxx has not been extensively tested, but it should work well with most modern XAMPP installations –
- PHP 5.6 and above
- MySQL database… Although Cart Boxx uses PDO and should technically work with almost anything else.
- Apache web server, no IIS support at the moment.
FEATURES & RESTRICTIONS
- A simple PHP cart that you can build on.
- Has an API endpoint – AJAX friendly and mobile app development friendly; You can create your own own shop front theme with RAW HTML if you want.
- Things are still kind of rough around the edges though…
- No payment methods or payment engine. Yet.
- No shipping methods. Yet.
- Does not have a complete order management process. Yet.
- Create a new database, import cart_boxx.sql in the cart_boxx folder.
- Update database settings and URL_ROOT in core/config.php
- Done! You can access the admin panel at https://your-site.com/admin
- Default admin account -> u: firstname.lastname@example.org | p: 123456
- The default API endpoint is at https://your-site.com/api
- Developer’s Quick Start Guide
- All the session vars and definitions
- Base library reference
- Cart library reference
- Catalog library reference
- Database library reference
- Orders library reference
- User library reference
- Cart API reference
- Catalog API reference
- User API reference
- Admin Catalog API reference
- Admin System API reference
- Admin User API reference