TABLE OF CONTENTS
A QUICK INTRODUCTION
- Although indirect, web technologies (HTML, CSS, JS) can also be used to build mobile apps with platforms such as Cordova.
You can read the full history on Wikipedia if you want to.
- It does not support multi-threading, parallel, and background processing.
- It does not support modern-day mobile devices well. Cannot handle GPS, web camera, microphones, voice recognition, voice commands, etc…
- It is only meant for web applications, and cannot go beyond that.
- It will eventually be taken over by something with better performance and more features.
So yes, a lot of these are “false fears”. But there are actually a few good valid points. Let us address them below.
THE TRUTH & FACTS
TREND & INTEREST
Of course, a few of the doomsayers are going to say – Google and Github do not have all the data in the world, and trends don’t mean anything. But how about considering these?
There are over 1.5 billion websites on the world wide web today. Of these, less than 200 million are active.
– W3 Techs
IS IT STILL WORTH LEARNING?
ALL GOOD THINGS MAY STILL END