WHAT THE HECK IS THIS PAGE!?
Welcome to the hidden not-so-secret page on Code Boxx. Here are some answers for the curious ones who are wondering why certain things are done/not done on Code Boxx… Also to have a good laugh while addressing some dumb haters too.
WHY IS THERE NO DEMO!?
Why is there no demo for some tutorials!? According to self-entitled folks, code ninja bloggers should create a demo page for all their tutorials and open-source projects. Some also say “It only takes 5 minutes”… To clear things up:
- There are over 600+ tutorials and projects on Code Boxx. It will take “a lot of 5 minutes” to set and maintain all the demos.
- Security concerns – There will be spam and abuse for server-side scripts. Nobody is paying for additional firewalls, spam filters, or managed hosting.
- Privacy & data concerns – The “chosen ones” will definitely upload some sensitive stuff and sue Code Boxx for their own idiocy.
- Cost concerns – It is possible to create “self-resetting” cloud instances, but nobody is paying for the time, money, and labor. It’s impossible to maintain several hundreds of such demo instances.
- No returns – Having live demo instances will not benefit Code Boxx as a business. Even if all the demos are plastered with ads, it will not cover the costs.
To make this section meaningful, there are many things that go beyond coding. Project management, risk assessment, cost estimations, automation, security, business processes, returns on investment, etc… A project is ultimately not about code. It is about solving problems, helping businesses grow, and making lives easier.
Well, if any sponsors and volunteers want to cover the hundreds of demos on this blog – Go ahead, download all the source code, and set it up on your own server. That will definitely help a lot of people save precious time.
CAN I USE YOUR CODE FOR MY PROJECT?
Yes. As stated, all code on the blog is released under the MIT license –
- You can use, update, change, and release your own edited versions however you wish.
- No support will be given, Code Boxx is not liable when things screw up.
- Copyright (C) Code Boxx. Nothing changes the fact that the original code belongs to Code Boxx.
- If there are other third-party frameworks and libraries – The copyright also belongs to the respective owners.
- Just keep the MIT license/copyright notice somewhere. Don’t disrespect and disregard the original authors by claiming it to be your own work.
P.S. Students – A friendly reminder to quote the source URL, or you will be hammered with plagiarism.
I WANT TO HIRE YOU FOR MY PROJECT
Thanks for the interest! But sorry, I am kind of not available for hire. To pick up a “side job”, you will have to pay this senior web dev:
- To take unpaid leave from his current job. The average salary for a senior web developer is about $8334 per month – indeed.com
- To take time away from content creation. A couple thousand dollars of extra income from my blogs and online sales.
- For his private time and the project itself.
I figure that is not cost-effective for most small projects, hiring an overpriced and overrated content creator is never a good idea. 😆
So not sponsored, try upwork.com or peopleperhour.com instead. Good luck with your project!
I HAVE QUESTIONS, REQUESTS, HELP WITH MY PROJECT.
There is only 1 person here with a ton of messages – I can only answer short precise questions that are related to the tutorials and projects. Questions of the following nature will most likely not be answered:
- Unclear questions and requests. (I don’t have Cerebro or mutant psychic powers)
- “Don’t know what went wrong”, “Don’t know how to proceed”, “Facing problems and difficulties”.
- “Any Idea”, “What do you think”.
- Help and requests on a deeper level. (Sorry, I cannot work for free)
- “I want this feature”, “Do this for me”, “I want the source code for XYZ”, “I want to do this that everything”.
- “I demand that you contact me”, “I will send you my project”, “I will send you my login details”, “I expect free professional help”.
- “I am a beginner”, “I am not a programmer”, “Explain everything”.
- “Fix my project”, “Problem with my server”, “Troubleshoot my project”.
- Irrelevant to the post or tutorial.
- Cannot be answered in a single paragraph, answers already on the Internet. (Do your own research and studies)
- How to import SQL file? How to manage database? How to connect to XYZ database?
- How do I layout a website?
Requests for new features and tutorials may be considered, but will not be immediately answered. For help with personal projects, here are some websites you can try:
Not sponsored, but try hiring a freelancer at upwork.com or peopleperhour.com if you are really stuck with your personal project.
“CODE HAS ERROR”, “NOT WORKING”, “DON’T KNOW WHY”, “DON’T KNOW HOW”.
Dear possibly angry person, what exactly is “not working”? Please share more details, especially error messages – Complaining “not working” is as good as going to a doctor and saying “I am sick, but I don’t know what hurts”.
Don’t work in the dark, help yourself by learning some simple debugging skills first. Find out what is “not working”, you may even fix silly mistakes within minutes. Good luck.
I DON’T LIKE THE WAY IT’S DONE!
Nothing is perfect on this blog. There are no perfect systems, no perfect way to do things. Share your sound reasoning and arguments behind why it’s bad, and how things should be done instead.
If not, “I don’t like it” is purely a personal opinion or preference of yours. “Stupid, dumb, worst” are just comments to fuel your ego in an Internet troll manner. Lowly personal attacks will only reflect your poor character. These do not help others in meaningful ways.
I DON’T LIKE YOUR ATTITUDE!
Do I have bad attitude, or is your heart made out of glass? RUN back to into your mother’s womb if you can’t grow up. If you can’t do that, RUN to *THAT* tree over there, touch it and come back.
– “Touch the tree that can never be found”. An old army idiom.
I apologize if my abrasive language, blunt, and rather egoistic character offended you (credits to good old days in the military). If you can’t handle some harsh words and constructive criticism, feel free to f**k off. I am who I am, and this is not a blog with nice fluffy teddy bears, unicorns, and rainbows.
“All content creators should be like a soft-spoken prince on a white horse. Rose in mouth included. They must bow down before their king and queen audience, kiss their feet”. Not sure where that twisted view came from, but you can stay in your Lala Land (TM). There is only an ex-sergeant here who will f**k dumba**es upside down. 😆
YOU DELETE BAD COMMENTS?
Why waste precious time feeding stupid trolls and toxic people!? Dumb hate comments do not help others to become better. They don’t make anybody’s day better. If you need help from other people, it is only right to ask properly and politely. If you want to prove something, do so with expertise and intelligence.
P.S. I still approve angry comments that are constructive and have reasoning. I.E. What is bad, what is unclear, what will help others do better, what are the alternatives, etc…
WHY ARE LINKS NOT ALLOWED!?
Getting too many random spammers. Set the filter to automatically drop all comments with any sort of links.
P.S. Business owner, blogger, or paid spam muppet – Link spamming is an outdated technique and will do more harm than good.
I AM AN “EXPERT”, YOU SHOULD DO THINGS AS I SAY!
Please go apply whatever “expert advice” on your website and social accounts first. Then, show some solid proof, results, and present it with a positive attitude (professional manner) if you want others to consider your credibility. If not, your twisted high horse with deer ass (馬鹿) ego can stay in the dumpster where it belongs.
“DATABASE NOT FOUND” OR “BASE TABLE OR VIEW NOT FOUND”
“Fools despise wisdom and instruction” – Proverbs 1:7
Dear lost soul, congratulations on reporting this “error”. You are officially “another dumb twat who cannot be bothered to read the quick notes”. The “error” is exactly what it means.
- You did not create a database.
- You did not import the SQL file.
- You did not change the database settings.
- PHP is not connecting to the database properly.
To stop embarrassing yourself – Do your own studies on basic RDB, basic database admin, and how to import an SQL file. Good luck.
THERE ARE TOO MANY ADS
- The number of ads is automatically determined by AI.
- To tone down the number of ads, other things have to be done to compensate for the loss of ad revenue:
- Blocking people using AdBlockers.
- Selling overpriced products.
- Collecting emails and doing aggressive marketing.
- Locked and paid content. Make people pay $1 for every code download.
- Turning Code Boxx into another “paid scripts paid courses business”.
- I have decided to keep this blog free for all, ads are keeping this blog free for all.
- Complaints are worthless. If you want to help keep Code Boxx free, take more action beyond “keyboard warrior” – Kindly make a purchase and donate a VERY GENEROUS AMOUNT regularly. Cheers!