SERVER API The more commonly known way to run PHP script, set to run alongside a web server (generally Apache or IIS).
COMMAND LINE The so-called "alternative" way run PHP scripts, "independently by itself", without a web server.
2. Create PHP scripts in the /XAMPP/htdocs/ folder.
3. Launch the XAMPP control panel, start Apache and MySQL.
4. Open web browser and access http://localhost/YOUR-SCRIPT.PHP
2. Create PHP scripts in your project folder.
3. Launch the XAMPP control panel, start MySQL if required.
4. Open terminal and run PHP PATH/YOUR-SCRIPT.PHP