TABLE OF CONTENTS
|Download & License||Requirements & Installation||What Is Storage Boxx?|
|How To Use||For The Developers|
DOWNLOAD & LICENSE
Storage Boxx is released under the MIT License. You are free to use it for your own personal and commercial projects, modify it as you see fit. On the condition that there the software is provided “as-is”. There are no warranties provided and “no strings attached”. Code Boxx and the authors are not liable for any claims, damages, or liabilities.
REQUIREMENTS & INSTALLATION
Storage Boxx has not been extensively tested, but it should work with any modern AMP (Apache MySQL PHP) servers. However, it does require:
- Apache Mod Rewrite
- PHP PDO Extension
- Best to have at least PHP 7
As for the “installation”, sorry… There is no installer. But this should be simple enough for the developers:
- Create a database and import the
sql/database.sqlfile. The entire
sql/folder can be deleted thereafter.
lib/Core.php, change the database settings (section D1) and host (section D2) to your own.
- Only for you guys who are not deploying Storage Boxx in the base path – Also remember to update the base path in
/api/.htaccessaccordingly. For example,
RewriteRule . /inventory/index.phpand
- That’s all. The default user is “email@example.com” and the password is “123456”. Remember to change it later.
WHAT IS STORAGE BOXX?
Storage Boxx is a simple PHP Inventory Management System. Yep, this is not the “super professional crazy bloated with a lot of features” kind of system. But it does cover the basics and should help the small businesses better keep track of their inventory stock.
HOW TO USE
STEP 1) REGISTER INVENTORY ITEMS
- Go under the “Inventory” menu item.
- Click on “Add”.
- Register the item.
- Print out the bar code if you want – It does speed things up and makes things easier to manage. Get yourself a USB barcode scanner if you do not already have one. It only costs like… 20 bucks these days.
- Rinse-and-repeat. Register all your items.
STEP 2) UPDATE STOCK LEVELS
- Next, go under the “In, Out, Take” section.
- This should be self-explanatory. Fill in and update the stock levels whenever required.
STEP 3) CHECKING STOCK LEVELS
- To check the stock levels, simply go under the “Inventory” section for a quick overview.
- Or go under “Check” and scan a bar code to check the stock movement history.
FOR THE DEVELOPERS
As simple as Storage Boxx may be, going through the entire system is still going to take some time. So instead of “explaining line-by-line”, here is a condensed version of “how to quickly customize and upgrade Storage Boxx”.
There are only 3 tables in Storage Boxx.
stock– Inventory items.
stock_mvt– Keeps track of the stock movement.
users– Self-explanatory, the users.
||The SKU of the item, primary key.|
||Name of the item.|
||Description of the item.|
||Unit of measurement.|
||Current quantity in stock.|
||The SKU of the item. Primary key.|
||Date of movement entry. Primary key.|
||The direction of the movement.
||The user who made this movement entry.|
||Notes, if any.|
||The user ID, primary key.|
||The user name.|
||The user’s email address.|
||The password. Encrypted.|
There are 5 folders in the system:
apiThe API endpoint. For AJAX calls, or if you want to open up in the future for mobile app/server-to-server calls.
libCore library files.
database.sql. Import and delete.
HOW TO BUILD & CUSTOMIZE
Storage Boxx is built on top of Core Boxx – It is highly recommended to read up on all the basics before starting on Storage Boxx… Don’t worry, Core Boxx only has 2 files and 2 folders – The core library and API endpoint.
Here is a quick step-by-step guide should you want to customize or build your own components. For example, adding an additional “telephone number” field to the existing users:
- Database – Add the user telephone field to the user table. Captain Obvious, if you want to create your own component, add your own new tables.
- Library – Update all the functions in
lib/Users.phpto also include the telephone field. Captain Obvious again, create your own library for your own new module.
- API – Update all the handlers in
api/users.phpto also include the telephone field. Captain Obvious yet again, create your own API endpoint handler for your own new module.
- Pages – Update
public/users.js, add a new telephone field.